About NIMCET 2021
The National Institute of Technology (NIT) Surathkal, Karnataka shall conduct National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test (NIMCET). NIMCET exam is conducted every year by one of the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) for MCA admissions at NITs itself, however, various other institutes accept NIMCET scores. The authorities are expected to release NIMCET application form 2021 tentatively in the first week of March.
NIMCET 2021 will be conducted in online mode as a computer based test (CBT). The question paper for NIMCET exam 2021 shall contain 120 questions divided into four sections. Candidates appearing for NIMCET 2021 will have to deal with questions from Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and General English. Candidates will be awarded with 4 marks for each correct response, while 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
Candidates who qualify the entrance examination will be called up for participating in the NIMCET counselling 2021. Candidates will have to do the choice filling and thereafter, NIMCET seat allotment will be done in three rounds based on merit.
NIMCET 2021 Participating Institutes
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala
- National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Surathkal
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
NIMCET 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||NIMCET|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Technology|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2500 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Online / Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Number of Seats||809 Seats|
The authorities provide NIMCET eligibility criteria 2021 specifying the basic qualifications like nationality, academic qualifications, age limit and other parameters. Candidates complying with the eligibility criteria of NIMCET 2021 will be eligible for MCA admissions. The NIMCET 2021 eligibility criteria has been explained below:
NIMCET Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates applying for NIMCET 2021 should be Indian nationals
Students who have studied B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons)/BCA/ BIT of 3 years from recognized Open Universities are also eligible
Candidates of Gen/OBC categories should have secured an aggregate of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scales
SC/ST Candidates should have obtained 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale
Candidates should have completed their qualifying degree before 2021. Final year students can also apply and must furnish proof of passing by the date specified
Note: Final year students have to furnish a certificate issued by Head of the institution where the candidate has studied.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | NEFT
The authorities are expected to release NIMCET application form 2021 in the first week of March. candidates have to complete NIMCET 2021 registration and application form before last date. Given below are the steps for filling NIMCET application 2021:
- Registration: Candidates have to visit the official website at nimcet.in and click on the link to apply for NIMCET 2021. They will have to enter their e-mail ID along with the 10-digit mobile number. An mail will be sent to the candidates for the purpose of validation and creating a unique password.
- Application Form: After successful registration and login, candidates have to proceed with NIMCET 2021 application form. They will have to fill the personal and academic details. They will also have to opt for three cities for exam centres in the order of preference.
- Uploading documents: Candidates will have to upload their photograph and scanned copy of signature in NIMCET application form. Relevant documents such as proof of identity, date of birth (SSLC/ 10th Marks Card), all other marks cards etc. and the category/ caste/ PwD certificate(s) have to be uploaded. Such documents have to be self-attested and scanned as per specifications.
- Application fees: After providing all the necessary information, candidates will have to pay the NIMCET application fee online only through net banking or credit/debit cards.
- Submission of the application: After the paying of the NIMCET 2021 application fee, candidates have to finally submit the application form. They have to download and save the soft copy of the application submitted for their reference.
|OBC, General, EWS||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 2500|
|ST, SC||PWD||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 1250|
|Concept of sets-union, intersection, cardinality, elementary counting|
|Permutations and combinations|
Probability and Statistics
|Basic concepts of probability theory, averages, dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions|
|Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear/quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices|
|Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola|
|Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima|
|Integration of functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas|
|Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics|
|Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations|
Analytical ability and logical reasoning
Logical situation and facts in the given passage
|Organization of a computer, central processing unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices|
|Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations|
|Binary arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two's complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers|
Basic English grammar
|Usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles|
Synonyms and antonyms
Meaning of words and phrases
Earlier, the authorities used to conduct the NIMCET exam offline/ pen-paper based exam. As per previous year, NIMCET 2021 shall be conducted online as a computer based test. NIMCET exam pattern 2021 aids the candidates for preparation and also equips them with a better understanding of the question paper.
NIMCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Language of Exam
Duration of Exam
Mode of Exam
4 marks for a correct answer and -1 mark for a wrong answer
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
NIMCET admit card 2021 will be released in online mode for all the candidates who applied. NIMCET 2021 admit card is an important document to be carried to the exam hall for verification purposes.
How to download the NIMCET admit card?
- Visit the NIMCET official website at nimcet.in
- Candidates have to login using their email ID and password.
- The NIMCET 2021 admit card shall appear on the screen
- Candidates must check the details and download it.
- Candidates need to take a print out at the exam hall
Details mentioned in the admit card
Candidates will find the following information in NIMCET admit card 2021:
- Candidate's name
- NIMCET 2021 Registration Number
- Candidate's photograph
- Signature of the candidate
- Date and time of exam
- Address of test centre
- Instructions for the exam
In case of discrepancy in details, candidates must contact the authorities to get them corrected.
NIMCET 2021 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
The authorities shall release provisional NIMCET answer key 2021 a few days after the exam is conducted. It shall contain the correct answers to questions asked in NIMCET exam 2021. Candidates will be able to calculate their probable score in the exam using NIMCET answer key 2021. The authorities shall also allow candidates to raise objections against provisional answer key based on which result and final NIMCET 2021 answer key will be prepared.
NIT Surathkal shall announce NIMCET results 2021 in online mode. Candidates will find the qualifying status and marks obtained in NIMCET 2021 through result window. Given below are the steps to access NIMCET result 2021:
How to check NIMCET result?
- Visit the NIMCET 2021 website at nimcet.in
- Click on the link to NIMCET result
- Candidates have to login using their roll number and password.
- The result and rank card is displayed.
- Download the same and take a print.
NIMCET Qualifying Criteria
The authorities have specified the total weightage of marks for NIMCET 2021, i.e. 1000. The marks obtained in each section will be multiplied by a certain factor depending upon the weightage. The sum of the weighted NIMCET 2021 scores will be the total score obtained by the candidate. Candidates will be allotted ranks in accordance with the total weighted marks obtained by them.
Calculation of weightage for NIMCET 2021
Factor to be multiplied with
Analytical Ability and Logical reasoning
Tie-breaking rule for NIMCET 2021
When two or more candidates have obtained the same marks, the following criteria has to be followed:
- The candidates with higher marks in Mathematics will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still remains, the marks obtained in Logical Reasoning will be considered.
- In case of a further unresolved tie, candidate with higher marks in the section of Computer Awareness will be given higher rank.
- Finally, the older candidate (as per date of birth) will be awarded higher rank.
Candidates obtaining zero or negative score in the Math section or overall in all sections, will be considered disqualified.
Mode of Counselling: Online, Offline
The authorities shall conduct online counselling for NIMCET 2021 qualified candidates. Candidates will be required to fill choice of courses and colleges to be considered for allotment of seats. The NIMCET counselling will be conducted in three rounds.
NIMCET 2021 Counselling Process
- Choice Filling: Candidates have to login using email and password, fill choices of course and institute as per order of preference, lock choice of course and colleges and then submit.
- Allotment: The authorities shall allot the seats in three rounds based on rank obtained by candidatesin NIMCET 2021, choice of course and institute opted for.
- Reporting and Payment of Admission fee: Candidates allotted a seat during NIMCET counselling will have to download the allotment letter and pay partial admission fee of Rs 10,000 online. They also have to report to the nearest NIMCET 2021 reporting centre carrying the payment receipt and the documents in original for the purpose of verification. After that, candidates will have the following options:
Option-1 : They may choose to keep the seat allotted to them. In such a case all their higher preference choices will be disregarded.
Option-2 : Those who wish to be considered for all of their higher preference choices in the next round.
NIMCET 2021 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Admit card
- Date of birth proof
- Category/ caste/ PwD certificate(s), whichever is applicable
- Payment receipt of initial fee
- SSLC/ 10th marks card (original)
Questions related to NIMCET
How is SVNIT surat college for MCA???
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT). NIT Surat was established in 1961. The Institute is offering six UG programs, eighteen PG programs, and three M.Sc. programs and the doctoral program. As on their website no information about MCA course. For details visit the link below
After BBA-CA course.....am I eligible for NIMCET exam???
The eligibility criteria to be eligible to appear for NIMCET a candidate must have passed 3 year B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects from a recognized University or B.E./ B.Tech from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on 10 point scale for general category/OBC candidates and for SC/ST it is 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale.
You are not eligible to appear for NIMCET as you haven't fulfilled the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
NIMCET MATHEMATICS STUDY MATERIALS
Candidate .Usually the students who are interested in pursuing MCA from NITs are always worried about which study material they should refer to how they should prepare for the exam .So you can refer to the study material which is present on our website:
Hope this helps.
can i opt mca by giving nimcet i have just completed BTech in cse
The syllabus, as well as concepts covered in both these courses, is quite the same but B. Tech CSE is a 4 year undergraduate course whereas MCA is a three-year post-graduate degree. That is the basic difference between them. MCA emphasizes on computer application development where as B. Tech is engineering based course with specialization in IT. MCA is generally assumed equivalent to B.Tech in CSE . If you ask my opinion you can opt for M.Tech after B.tech that could be a better option for career point of view.
which nimcet college is best in terms of firstly college life secondly teaching quality
NIT Trichy followed by Surathkal, Warangal and Calicut are the four best institutes for MCA Course by NIMCET. The Institutes has excellent faculty, infrastructure as well as a very strong employer outlook. Besides the above four, NIT Nagpur, Allahabad, Rourkela, Jaipur and Jamshedpur are the other good NITs for MCA.
For more information about NIMCET Exam do follow the link below