Stay up-to date with NIMCET News
About NIMCET 2023
NIMCET 2023 - NIT Jamshedpur published the NIMCET 2023 special round of seat allotment on July 26 in online mode. The authority concluded the NIMCET special round counseling and choice filling on July 25. The authority announced the NIMCET seat allotment round 3 on July 17, 2023. Moreover, the authority has released the NIMCET seat allotment rounds 1, & 2 on July 7 and 12 respectively. NIT Jamshedpur concluded the NIMCET 2023 counselling registration & choice filling on July 05. Candidates who qualified the NIMCET 2023 exam are eligible to participate in the NIMCET counselling process.
NIT Jamshedpur conducted the NIMCET exam 2023 on June 11. Candidates were able to complete the NIMCET registration 2023 from March 16 to April 16. Candidates who submit the application form before the last date were able to download the NIMCET admit card 2023 from June 01. The answer key of NIMCET 2023 was released on June 13 on the official website. Candidates were able to raise the objection from June 13 to 14.
As per NIMCET eligibility criteria, students should be of Indian national graduated in Science/ IT/ CA/ Technology or Engineering, with at least 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA. Candidates were advised to carefully check the NIMCET 2023 eligibility criteria before applying for the entrance exam. Students seeking MTech admission at NIMCET participating institutes are required to fill and submit the online NIMCET 2023 application before last date to be eligible to appear for the exam. Registered candidates will be issued NIMCET 2023 admit card in online mode.
The NIMCET 2023 question paper will consist of 120 questions divided into four sections - Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and General English. Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct response, while 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
NIMCET Latest News and Notifications
- The authority has announced the NIMCET 2023 special round of seat allotment on July 26.
- The authority has extended the NIMCET special round counselling and choice filling till July 25.
- The authority has started the NIMCET special round counselling and choice filling on July 22.
- The authority has published the NIMCET 2023 round 3 seat allotment result on July 17.
- The authority has declared the NIMCET 2023 round 3 seat allotment result on
- The authority has published the NIMCET 2023 round 2 seat allotment result on July 12.
- The authority has declared the NIMCET 2023 seat allotment result on July 7.
- The authority has closed the NIMCET 2023 choice filling process on July 6.
- The authority has extended the NIMCET 2023 choice filling process till July 5.
- The authority has started the NIMCET 2023 choice filling process on June 29.
- The authority has released the NIMCET 2023 Result on June 26.
- The authority has released the NIMCET 2023 Final Answer Key on June 26.
- The authorities has released the NIMCET 2023 Answer key on June 13.
- The exam conducting authority have released the NIMCET 2023 admit card on June 1.
- The authorities have started the NIMCET 2023 application form editing from April 18 to 21.
The authorities have extended the NIMCET 2023 registration till April 16, on the official website.
- The NIMCET 2023 application form process has been started from March 5, 2023 at the official website.
- The authorities have released the NIMCET 2023 official notification on the official website on March 1, 2023.
The authorities conduct the National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) as a computer based test. NIMCET exam is conducted every year by one of the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) for MCA admissions at NITs itself, however, various other institutes accept NIMCET scores.
NIMCET Participating Institutes
NIMCET 2023 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||NIMCET|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Technology|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2500 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Online / Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Number of Seats||809 Seats|
NIMCET 2023 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
26 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Special Round- seat allotment - Start Date | Mode: Online
22 Jul, 2023 - 25 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Special Round- choice filling and registration | Mode: Online
21 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Announcement of vacant seats - Start Date | Mode: Online
18 Jul, 2023 - 20 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Round 3 online reporting and partial admission fee payment | Mode: Online
17 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Third round of allotment - Start Date | Mode: Online
13 Jul, 2023 - 15 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Round 2 online reporting and partial admission fee payment | Mode: Online
12 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Second round of allotment - Start Date | Mode: Online
08 Jul, 2023 - 11 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Round 1 online reporting and partial admission fee payment | Mode: Online
07 Jul, 2023
Counselling - First round of allotment - Start Date | Mode: Online
29 Jun, 2023 - 05 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Registration & choice filling | Mode: Online
26 Jun, 2023
Answer Key - Final Answer Key | Mode: Online
26 Jun, 2023
Result | Mode: Online
13 Jun, 2023 - 14 Jun, 2023
Answer Key - Answer key challenge | Mode: Online
13 Jun, 2023
Answer Key - Provisional answer key | Mode: Online
11 Jun, 2023
Exam | Mode: Online
01 Jun, 2023
Admit Card | Mode: Online
18 Apr, 2023 - 21 Apr, 2023
Application Correction | Mode: Online
05 Mar, 2023 - 16 Apr, 2023
Application | Mode: Online
01 Mar, 2023
Advertisement | Mode: Online
The authorities has released the NIMCET eligibility criteria 2023 along with the official notification. The NIMCET 2023 eligibility criteria includes the basic requirements like nationality, academic qualifications, age limit and other parameters. Only those candidates complying with the eligibility criteria of NIMCET 2023 will be eligible for MCA admissions. The NIMCET eligibility criteria has been explained below:
NIMCET Eligibility Criteria 2023
Candidates applying for NIMCET 2023 should be Indian nationals
Students who have studied B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons)/BCA/ BIT of 3 years from recognized Open Universities are also eligible
Candidates of Gen/OBC categories should have secured an aggregate of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scales
SC/ST Candidates should have obtained 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale
Candidates should have completed their qualifying degree before 2023. Final year students can also apply and must furnish proof of passing by the date specified
Note: Final year students have to furnish a certificate issued by Head of the institution where the candidate has studied.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | NEFT
The authorities concluded the NIMCET application form 2023 on April 16 at nimcet.in. Candidates had to complete NIMCET 2023 registration and application form before the deadline. Given below are the steps for filling NIMCET application 2023:
- Registration: Candidates have to visit the official website at nimcet.in and click on the link to apply for NIMCET 2023. They have to enter their e-mail ID along with the 10-digit mobile number. An mail was sent to the candidates for the purpose of validation and creating a unique password.
- Application Form: After successful registration and login, candidates had to proceed with NIMCET 2023 application form. They have to fill the personal and academic details. They also have to opt for three cities for exam centres in the order of preference.
- Uploading documents: Candidates will next have to upload their photograph and scanned copy of signature in NIMCET application form. Relevant documents such as proof of identity, date of birth (SSLC/ 10th Marks Card), all other marks cards etc. and the category/ caste/ PwD certificate(s) have to be uploaded. Such documents have to be self-attested and scanned as per specifications.
- Application fees: After providing all the necessary information, candidates have to pay the NIMCET application fee online only through net banking or credit/debit cards.
- Submission of the application: After the paying of the NIMCET 2023 application fee, candidates have to finally submit the application form. They have to download and save the soft copy of the application submitted for their reference.
|General, EWS, OBC||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 2500|
|SC, ST||PWD||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 1250|
|Concept of sets-union, intersection, cardinality, elementary counting|
|Permutations and combinations|
Probability and Statistics
|Basic concepts of probability theory, averages, dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions|
|Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear/quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices|
|Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola|
|Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima|
|Integration of functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas|
|Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics|
|Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations|
Analytical ability and logical reasoning
Logical situation and facts in the given passage
|Organization of a computer, central processing unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices|
|Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations|
|Binary arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two's complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers|
Basic English grammar
|Usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles|
Synonyms and antonyms
Meaning of words and phrases
The authorities has released the NIMCET 2023 exam pattern at the official website. The NIMCET 2023 shall be conducted online as a computer based test. NIMCET exam pattern 2023 aids the candidates for preparation and also equips them with a better understanding of the question paper.
NIMCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Language of Exam
Duration of Exam
Mode of Exam
4 marks for a correct answer and -1 mark for a wrong answer
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
Registered candidates have issued a NIMCET admit card 2023 in online mode. The NIMCET 2023 admit card release date is June 1. NIMCET 2023 admit card is an important document to be carried to the exam hall for verification purposes.
How to download the NIMCET admit card?
- Visit the NIMCET official website at nimcet.in
- Candidates have to login using their email ID and password.
- The NIMCET 2023 admit card shall appear on the screen
- Candidates must check the details and download it.
- Candidates need to take a print out at the exam hall
Details mentioned in the admit card
Candidates will find the following information in NIMCET admit card 2023:
- Candidate's name
- NIMCET 2023 Registration Number
- Candidate's photograph
- Signature of the candidate
- Date and time of exam
- Address of test centre
- Instructions for the exam
In case of discrepancy in details, candidates must contact the authorities to get them corrected.
NIMCET 2023 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
The authorities has released the provisional NIMCET answer key 2023 on June 13, 2023, on the official website. Candidates can able to calculate their probable score in the exam using NIMCET answer key 2023. After considering the genuine challenges, the final NIMCET 2023 answer key will be prepared and release along with the result.
The result of NIMCCET 2023 has declared by the exam conducting authorities at the official website. Candidates can find the qualifying status and marks obtained in NIMCET 2023 through result window. Given below are the steps to access NIMCET result 2023:
How to check NIMCET result?
- Visit the NIMCET 2023 website at nimcet.in
- Click on the link to NIMCET result
- Candidates have to login using their roll number and password.
- The result and rank card is displayed.
- Download the same and take a print.
NIMCET Qualifying Criteria
The authorities will specify the total weightage of marks for NIMCET 2023 (expectedly 1000). The marks obtained in each section will be multiplied by a certain factor depending upon the weightage. The sum of the weighted NIMCET 2023 scores will be the total score obtained by the candidate. Candidates will be allotted ranks in accordance with the total weighted marks obtained by them.
Calculation of weightage for NIMCET 2023
Factor to be multiplied with
Analytical Ability and Logical reasoning
Tie-breaking rule for NIMCET 2023
When two or more candidates have obtained the same marks, the following criteria has to be followed:
- The candidates with higher marks in Mathematics will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still remains, the marks obtained in Logical Reasoning will be considered.
- In case of a further unresolved tie, candidate with higher marks in the section of Computer Awareness will be given higher rank.
- Finally, the older candidate (as per date of birth) will be awarded higher rank.
Candidates obtaining zero or negative score in the Math section or overall in all sections, will be considered disqualified.
Mode of Counselling: Online, Offline
The authorities has started the NIMCET 2023 counselling registration in online mode. The authorities will conduct the online counselling for NIMCET 2023 for all the qualified candidates. Candidates are required to fill choice of courses and colleges to be considered for allotment of seats. The NIMCET counselling will be conducted in approximately three rounds.
NIMCET 2023 Counselling Process
Candidates can follow the detailed steps below for reference purposes only.
- Choice Filling: Candidates have to log in using email and password, fill choices of course and institute as per the order of preference, lock choice of course and colleges and then submit.
- Allotment: The authorities shall allot the seats in three rounds based on rank obtained by candidates in NIMCET 2023, choice of course and institute opted for.
- Reporting and Payment of Admission fee: Candidates allotted a seat during NIMCET counselling will have to download the allotment letter and pay a partial admission fee of Rs 10,000 online. They also have to report to the nearest NIMCET 2023 reporting centre carrying the payment receipt and the documents in original for the purpose of verification. After that, candidates will have the following options:
Option-1: They may choose to keep the seat allotted to them. In such a case all their higher preference choices will be disregarded.
Option-2: Those who wish to be considered for all of their higher preference choices in the next round.
NIMCET 2023 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Admit card
- Date of birth proof
- Category/ caste/ PwD certificate(s), whichever is applicable
- Payment receipt of initial fee
- SSLC/ 10th marks card (original)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:Which NIT will conduct NIMCET 2023?
The NIMCET 2023 exam conducting body is NIT Jamshedpur.
Question:What is the marking scheme of NIMCET 2023?
The marking scheme of NIMCET exam is as follows.
Correct response: +4 marks
Incorrect response: -1 mark
Question:Is NIMCET 2023 application form released?
The authorities have released the NIMCET 2023 application form on the official website.
Question:What will be the mode of NIMCET 2023 exam?
NIMCET 2023 was conducted as a computer based test.
Questions related to NIMCET
If do BCA from here will I be eligible for NIMCET for NIT exam for MCA.
You are qualified to take the NIMCET exam, yes. The results of the class of 2012 are not significant in this exam, but the results of graduation are. You need a 60% average in one subject of math or statistics for graduation. For MCA, there are numerous exams, including the BHU MCA CET, BITS Mesra MCA CET, JNU MCA CET, DU MCA CET, and MAH MCA CET.
Im pursuing BCA from MDSU Rajasthan and our university discontinued Discrete Mathematics from our syllabus last year. It means I have maths in 10+2 but not in graduation. So am i eligible for NIMCET , JNU, DU for MCA
The eligibility criteria of MCA in Delhi University is passed bachelor degree from a recognized university having at least one paper in Mathematical Sciences (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Operational Research) under annual mode/at least two papers in Mathematical Sciences (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Operational Research) in semester mode securing 60% aggregate, check out at http://cs.du.ac.in/admission/mca/#EligibilityMCA to know more details regarding this,
in case of JNU candidates need to pass graduation in any discipline securing 55% aggregate having studied mathematics at class 12th or graduation level, also those with BCA/Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or equivalent with 55% aggregate are eligible to apply, check out at https://it.careers360.com/articles/jnu-mca to know more details regarding this.
The eligibility criteria for NIMCET is passed B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT / B.Voc. (Computer Science/ Computer Applications / Software development)/ BBA (Computer Applications) of minimum three years full-time programme from a recognized University having studied Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects, or passed B.E./ B.Tech. from a recognized University, check out at https://www.nimcet.in/documents/IB_NIMCET-2022.pdf to know more details regarding this.
i got 57 % in graduation (mathmatics, physics) am i eligible for nimcet or Delhi University , jnu I have completed my graduation in 2020.
With 57 % , you are eligible for nimcet only if you are sc/st otherwise not eligible.
For your reference,
Nimcet eligibility criteria is given below :-
-----------------) minimum educational qualification :- you need a B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT degree of minimum 3 years from any recognized University with Mathematics or Statistics as one of your subjects.
Or you should have B.E. or B.Tech from a recognized University
-----------------) Minimum marks in graduation :- you need at least 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale if you are from general /obc category Or at least 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale if you belong to SC /ST
-----------------) Passing Year : -Not after September of the year of examination .
------------------) Nationality :- you should be Indian
For detailed information visit our page for which link is provided below :-
C oming to JNU,
Yes, you are eligible for jnu mca as minimum% requirement is 55% in graduation for the same . For details checkout:-
Coming to DU MCA,
No, you are not eligible for DU mca as minimum% requirement is 60% in graduation for the same . For details checkout:-
MLSU udaipur good for BCA , tell me because i target NIMCET for doing MCA from top NIT
Yes, though MLSU is a good choice for BCA but I would say this not the best choice that you can make at this time. If you consider the academics of this college, it is not that remarkable. The Faculties may be good but when it comes to the curriculum, future career prospectives, it is very less and confined within a boundary. You already said that you are interested to opt for MCA course so if you pursue your BCA from here, you need to stress a lot on your studies and work hard as you can't expect too much support from this college.
Can BA (Computer Application & Maths) of DU is eligible to appear in NIMCET for MCA?
The NIMCET is the route to get into M.C.A. courses at the top 10 NITs that are participating.
The eligibility criteria for NIMCET are as follows:-
- The minimum marks required by General or OBC candidates are 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale. Whereas, for ST or SC candidates 55% marks or 6.9 CGPA on a 10 point scale is required.
- The candidate should have Indian Nationality.
- The minimum educational qualification is B.Sc./B.Sc.(Hons.)/BCA/BIT of minimum three years full time from a recognised university with mathematics/statistics as one of the subjects. Candidates who are from Open Universities are also eligible.
- Or B.E/B.Tecg from a recognised University.
For further details, check out the following link.