Stay up-to date with NIMCET News
About NIMCET 2023
NIMCET 2023 - NIT Jamshedpur published the NIMCET 2023 special round of seat allotment on July 26 in online mode. The authority concluded the NIMCET special round counseling and choice filling on July 25. The authority announced the NIMCET seat allotment round 3 on July 17, 2023. Moreover, the authority has released the NIMCET seat allotment rounds 1, & 2 on July 7 and 12 respectively. NIT Jamshedpur concluded the NIMCET 2023 counselling registration & choice filling on July 05. Candidates who qualified the NIMCET 2023 exam are eligible to participate in the NIMCET counselling process.
NIT Jamshedpur conducted the NIMCET exam 2023 on June 11. Candidates were able to complete the NIMCET registration 2023 from March 16 to April 16. Candidates who submit the application form before the last date were able to download the NIMCET admit card 2023 from June 01. The answer key of NIMCET 2023 was released on June 13 on the official website. Candidates were able to raise the objection from June 13 to 14.
As per NIMCET eligibility criteria, students should be of Indian national graduated in Science/ IT/ CA/ Technology or Engineering, with at least 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA. Candidates were advised to carefully check the NIMCET 2023 eligibility criteria before applying for the entrance exam. Students seeking MTech admission at NIMCET participating institutes are required to fill and submit the online NIMCET 2023 application before last date to be eligible to appear for the exam. Registered candidates will be issued NIMCET 2023 admit card in online mode.
The NIMCET 2023 question paper will consist of 120 questions divided into four sections - Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and General English. Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct response, while 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
NIMCET Latest News and Notifications
- The authority has announced the NIMCET 2023 special round of seat allotment on July 26.
- The authority has extended the NIMCET special round counselling and choice filling till July 25.
- The authority has started the NIMCET special round counselling and choice filling on July 22.
- The authority has published the NIMCET 2023 round 3 seat allotment result on July 17.
- The authority has declared the NIMCET 2023 round 3 seat allotment result on
- The authority has published the NIMCET 2023 round 2 seat allotment result on July 12.
- The authority has declared the NIMCET 2023 seat allotment result on July 7.
- The authority has closed the NIMCET 2023 choice filling process on July 6.
- The authority has extended the NIMCET 2023 choice filling process till July 5.
- The authority has started the NIMCET 2023 choice filling process on June 29.
- The authority has released the NIMCET 2023 Result on June 26.
- The authority has released the NIMCET 2023 Final Answer Key on June 26.
- The authorities has released the NIMCET 2023 Answer key on June 13.
- The exam conducting authority have released the NIMCET 2023 admit card on June 1.
- The authorities have started the NIMCET 2023 application form editing from April 18 to 21.
The authorities have extended the NIMCET 2023 registration till April 16, on the official website.
- The NIMCET 2023 application form process has been started from March 5, 2023 at the official website.
- The authorities have released the NIMCET 2023 official notification on the official website on March 1, 2023.
The authorities conduct the National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) as a computer based test. NIMCET exam is conducted every year by one of the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) for MCA admissions at NITs itself, however, various other institutes accept NIMCET scores.
NIMCET Participating Institutes
NIMCET 2023 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||NIMCET|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Technology|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2500 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Online / Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Number of Seats||809 Seats|
NIMCET 2023 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
26 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Special Round- seat allotment - Start Date | Mode: Online
22 Jul, 2023 - 25 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Special Round- choice filling and registration | Mode: Online
21 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Announcement of vacant seats - Start Date | Mode: Online
18 Jul, 2023 - 20 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Round 3 online reporting and partial admission fee payment | Mode: Online
17 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Third round of allotment - Start Date | Mode: Online
13 Jul, 2023 - 15 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Round 2 online reporting and partial admission fee payment | Mode: Online
12 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Second round of allotment - Start Date | Mode: Online
08 Jul, 2023 - 11 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Round 1 online reporting and partial admission fee payment | Mode: Online
07 Jul, 2023
Counselling - First round of allotment - Start Date | Mode: Online
29 Jun, 2023 - 05 Jul, 2023
Counselling - Registration & choice filling | Mode: Online
26 Jun, 2023
Result | Mode: Online
26 Jun, 2023
Answer Key - Final Answer Key | Mode: Online
13 Jun, 2023 - 14 Jun, 2023
Answer Key - Answer key challenge | Mode: Online
13 Jun, 2023
Answer Key - Provisional answer key | Mode: Online
11 Jun, 2023
Exam | Mode: Online
01 Jun, 2023
Admit Card | Mode: Online
18 Apr, 2023 - 21 Apr, 2023
Application Correction | Mode: Online
05 Mar, 2023 - 16 Apr, 2023
Application | Mode: Online
01 Mar, 2023
Advertisement | Mode: Online
The authorities has released the NIMCET eligibility criteria 2023 along with the official notification. The NIMCET 2023 eligibility criteria includes the basic requirements like nationality, academic qualifications, age limit and other parameters. Only those candidates complying with the eligibility criteria of NIMCET 2023 will be eligible for MCA admissions. The NIMCET eligibility criteria has been explained below:
NIMCET Eligibility Criteria 2023
Candidates applying for NIMCET 2023 should be Indian nationals
Students who have studied B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons)/BCA/ BIT of 3 years from recognized Open Universities are also eligible
Candidates of Gen/OBC categories should have secured an aggregate of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scales
SC/ST Candidates should have obtained 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale
Candidates should have completed their qualifying degree before 2023. Final year students can also apply and must furnish proof of passing by the date specified
Note: Final year students have to furnish a certificate issued by Head of the institution where the candidate has studied.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | NEFT
The authorities concluded the NIMCET application form 2023 on April 16 at nimcet.in. Candidates had to complete NIMCET 2023 registration and application form before the deadline. Given below are the steps for filling NIMCET application 2023:
- Registration: Candidates have to visit the official website at nimcet.in and click on the link to apply for NIMCET 2023. They have to enter their e-mail ID along with the 10-digit mobile number. An mail was sent to the candidates for the purpose of validation and creating a unique password.
- Application Form: After successful registration and login, candidates had to proceed with NIMCET 2023 application form. They have to fill the personal and academic details. They also have to opt for three cities for exam centres in the order of preference.
- Uploading documents: Candidates will next have to upload their photograph and scanned copy of signature in NIMCET application form. Relevant documents such as proof of identity, date of birth (SSLC/ 10th Marks Card), all other marks cards etc. and the category/ caste/ PwD certificate(s) have to be uploaded. Such documents have to be self-attested and scanned as per specifications.
- Application fees: After providing all the necessary information, candidates have to pay the NIMCET application fee online only through net banking or credit/debit cards.
- Submission of the application: After the paying of the NIMCET 2023 application fee, candidates have to finally submit the application form. They have to download and save the soft copy of the application submitted for their reference.
|EWS, OBC, General||Online||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 2500|
|ST, SC||PWD||Online||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 1250|
|Concept of sets-union, intersection, cardinality, elementary counting|
|Permutations and combinations|
Probability and Statistics
|Basic concepts of probability theory, averages, dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions|
|Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear/quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices|
|Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola|
|Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima|
|Integration of functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas|
|Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics|
|Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations|
Analytical ability and logical reasoning
Logical situation and facts in the given passage
|Organization of a computer, central processing unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices|
|Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations|
|Binary arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two's complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers|
Basic English grammar
|Usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles|
Synonyms and antonyms
Meaning of words and phrases
The authorities has released the NIMCET 2023 exam pattern at the official website. The NIMCET 2023 shall be conducted online as a computer based test. NIMCET exam pattern 2023 aids the candidates for preparation and also equips them with a better understanding of the question paper.
NIMCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Language of Exam
Duration of Exam
Mode of Exam
4 marks for a correct answer and -1 mark for a wrong answer
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
Registered candidates have issued a NIMCET admit card 2023 in online mode. The NIMCET 2023 admit card release date is June 1. NIMCET 2023 admit card is an important document to be carried to the exam hall for verification purposes.
How to download the NIMCET admit card?
- Visit the NIMCET official website at nimcet.in
- Candidates have to login using their email ID and password.
- The NIMCET 2023 admit card shall appear on the screen
- Candidates must check the details and download it.
- Candidates need to take a print out at the exam hall
Details mentioned in the admit card
Candidates will find the following information in NIMCET admit card 2023:
- Candidate's name
- NIMCET 2023 Registration Number
- Candidate's photograph
- Signature of the candidate
- Date and time of exam
- Address of test centre
- Instructions for the exam
In case of discrepancy in details, candidates must contact the authorities to get them corrected.
NIMCET 2023 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
The authorities has released the provisional NIMCET answer key 2023 on June 13, 2023, on the official website. Candidates can able to calculate their probable score in the exam using NIMCET answer key 2023. After considering the genuine challenges, the final NIMCET 2023 answer key will be prepared and release along with the result.
The result of NIMCCET 2023 has declared by the exam conducting authorities at the official website. Candidates can find the qualifying status and marks obtained in NIMCET 2023 through result window. Given below are the steps to access NIMCET result 2023:
How to check NIMCET result?
- Visit the NIMCET 2023 website at nimcet.in
- Click on the link to NIMCET result
- Candidates have to login using their roll number and password.
- The result and rank card is displayed.
- Download the same and take a print.
NIMCET Qualifying Criteria
The authorities will specify the total weightage of marks for NIMCET 2023 (expectedly 1000). The marks obtained in each section will be multiplied by a certain factor depending upon the weightage. The sum of the weighted NIMCET 2023 scores will be the total score obtained by the candidate. Candidates will be allotted ranks in accordance with the total weighted marks obtained by them.
Calculation of weightage for NIMCET 2023
Factor to be multiplied with
Analytical Ability and Logical reasoning
Tie-breaking rule for NIMCET 2023
When two or more candidates have obtained the same marks, the following criteria has to be followed:
- The candidates with higher marks in Mathematics will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still remains, the marks obtained in Logical Reasoning will be considered.
- In case of a further unresolved tie, candidate with higher marks in the section of Computer Awareness will be given higher rank.
- Finally, the older candidate (as per date of birth) will be awarded higher rank.
Candidates obtaining zero or negative score in the Math section or overall in all sections, will be considered disqualified.
Mode of Counselling: Online, Offline
The authorities has started the NIMCET 2023 counselling registration in online mode. The authorities will conduct the online counselling for NIMCET 2023 for all the qualified candidates. Candidates are required to fill choice of courses and colleges to be considered for allotment of seats. The NIMCET counselling will be conducted in approximately three rounds.
NIMCET 2023 Counselling Process
Candidates can follow the detailed steps below for reference purposes only.
- Choice Filling: Candidates have to log in using email and password, fill choices of course and institute as per the order of preference, lock choice of course and colleges and then submit.
- Allotment: The authorities shall allot the seats in three rounds based on rank obtained by candidates in NIMCET 2023, choice of course and institute opted for.
- Reporting and Payment of Admission fee: Candidates allotted a seat during NIMCET counselling will have to download the allotment letter and pay a partial admission fee of Rs 10,000 online. They also have to report to the nearest NIMCET 2023 reporting centre carrying the payment receipt and the documents in original for the purpose of verification. After that, candidates will have the following options:
Option-1: They may choose to keep the seat allotted to them. In such a case all their higher preference choices will be disregarded.
Option-2: Those who wish to be considered for all of their higher preference choices in the next round.
NIMCET 2023 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Admit card
- Date of birth proof
- Category/ caste/ PwD certificate(s), whichever is applicable
- Payment receipt of initial fee
- SSLC/ 10th marks card (original)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:Which NIT will conduct NIMCET 2023?
The NIMCET 2023 exam conducting body is NIT Jamshedpur.
Question:What is the marking scheme of NIMCET 2023?
The marking scheme of NIMCET exam is as follows.
Correct response: +4 marks
Incorrect response: -1 mark
Question:Is NIMCET 2023 application form released?
The authorities have released the NIMCET 2023 application form on the official website.
Question:What will be the mode of NIMCET 2023 exam?
NIMCET 2023 was conducted as a computer based test.
Questions related to NIMCET
If do BCA from here will I be eligible for NIMCET for NIT exam for MCA.
You are qualified to take the NIMCET exam, yes. The results of the class of 2012 are not significant in this exam, but the results of graduation are. You need a 60% average in one subject of math or statistics for graduation. For MCA, there are numerous exams, including the BHU MCA CET, BITS Mesra MCA CET, JNU MCA CET, DU MCA CET, and MAH MCA CET.
In NIMCET 2022 my AIR is 1949 with OBC category. can I get NIT Jamshedpur?????
As per your provided information you score AIT 1949 with OBC category in NIMCET. Previous year cutoff:-
- General - 511
- GEN-PH - 1487
- SC - 3618
- ST - 2821
- OBC - 1280
- OBC-PH - 4671
There are less chance to get admission in NIT Jamshedpur. You will try for another Colleges.
For Further information about the NIMCET visit the link given below:-
i got 186 marks in nimcet can have chance to get admission in uoh
As you have secured 186 marks out of 480. You will not get seat in this university according to previous year cut off marks. You should secure at least above 350 to get admission in UOH. This is top university, so high demand for such programs. University of Hyderabad (UOH), is the government leading university offers best PG and Research Program. Total Marks of NIMCET is 480. You should get 350+ marks out of 480 to get the admission in UOH.
Hope this help you!
if I complete my bca through ycmou (open university) can i get admission in NITS for MCA, I will eligible for nimcet exam?
Eligibility criteria for NIMCET is graduation in science /IT/CA/engineering with 60% mark. As ycmou is a recognized university definitely you could apply for MCA. This college also have affiliation from university grands commission .So you could apply for NIMCET.
Ive scored 280 marks in nimcet exam which universities will i be able to get admission in. Can i get a seat in UoH?
NIT MCA Common Entrance Test is referred to as NIMCET. This entrance exam is held once a year to provide admission for MCA courses at different NITs in India.
With 280 marks in NIMCET 2022,
You can -
For NIT Trichy (390 +)
For Suratkal (350 +)
For MNNIT Allahabad (300 +)
For NIT Calicut and Bhopal(250 +)
For NIT Jamesdpur ( 200 +)
Rest NITs (170180)
Seat in UOH with 280 marks in NIMCET is quite impossible. Since, UOH has been started 3-4 back, it's cutoff is high.
You can use college prediction tool to know -
Hope this proves uselful.