Latest Update for NIMCET
- 11 Mar 2021:
NIMCET 2021 registration started on March 11.
About NIMCET 2021
The National Institute of Technology (NIT) Raipur shall conduct National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test (NIMCET). NIMCET exam is conducted every year by one of the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) for MCA admissions at NITs itself, however, various other institutes accept NIMCET scores. The authorities have released NIMCET application form 2021 on March 11. The last date of NIMCET 2021 registration is April 7. Candidates will be allowed to make corrections in NIMCET form 2021 by requesting the authorities to unlock their applications from April 2 to 7.
NIMCET 2021 will be conducted on May 23 in online mode as a computer based test (CBT). The question paper for NIMCET exam 2021 shall contain 120 questions divided into four sections. Candidates appearing for NIMCET 2021 will have to deal with questions from Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and General English. Candidates will be awarded with 4 marks for each correct response, while 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
Candidates who qualify the entrance examination will be called up for participating in the NIMCET counselling 2021. Candidates will have to do the choice filling and thereafter, NIMCET seat allotment will be done in three rounds based on merit.
NIMCET 2021 Participating Institutes
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala
- National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Surathkal
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
NIMCET 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||NIMCET|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Technology|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2500 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Online / Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Number of Seats||809 Seats|
NIMCET 2021 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
15 May, 2021 - 22 May, 2021
Admit Card | Mode: Online
23 May, 2021
Exam | Mode: Online
08 Jun, 2021
Result | Mode: Online
09 Jun, 2021 - 14 Jun, 2021
Counselling - Choice filling | Mode: Online
18 Jun, 2021
Counselling - First round of allotment | Mode: Online
22 Jun, 2021 - 23 Jun, 2021
Counselling - First round of remote reporting in person in any of the Participating NIT’s | Mode: Offline
27 Jun, 2021
Counselling - Second round of allotment or upgradation | Mode: Online
01 Jul, 2021 - 02 Jul, 2021
Counselling - Second round of remote reporting in person | Mode: Offline
06 Jul, 2021
Counselling - Third round of allotment/upgradation | Mode: Online
09 Jul, 2021 - 12 Jul, 2021
Counselling - Third round of reporting in person at the allotted institute | Mode: Offline
15 Jul, 2021
Counselling - Announcement of vacant seats | Mode: Online
19 Jul, 2021 - 23 Jul, 2021
Counselling - Fresh choice filling | Mode: Online
27 Jul, 2021
Counselling - Final round of seat allotment | Mode: Online
02 Aug, 2021
Counselling - Final round of reporting at allotted institute | Mode: Offline
Past Dates and Events
11 Mar, 2021 - 07 Apr, 2021
Application | Mode: Online
02 Apr, 2021 - 07 Apr, 2021
Application Correction - Request for unlocking application | Mode: Online
The authorities provide NIMCET eligibility criteria 2021 specifying the basic qualifications like nationality, academic qualifications, age limit and other parameters. Candidates complying with the eligibility criteria of NIMCET 2021 will be eligible for MCA admissions. The NIMCET 2021 eligibility criteria has been explained below:
NIMCET Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates applying for NIMCET 2021 should be Indian nationals
Students who have studied B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons)/BCA/ BIT of 3 years from recognized Open Universities are also eligible
Candidates of Gen/OBC categories should have secured an aggregate of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scales
SC/ST Candidates should have obtained 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale
Candidates should have completed their qualifying degree before 2021. Final year students can also apply and must furnish proof of passing by the date specified
Note: Final year students have to furnish a certificate issued by Head of the institution where the candidate has studied.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | NEFT
The authorities have released NIMCET application form 2021 on March 11. Candidates have to complete NIMCET 2021 registration and application form before April 7. Given below are the steps for filling NIMCET application 2021:
- Registration: Candidates have to visit the official website at nimcet.in and click on the link to apply for NIMCET 2021. They will have to enter their e-mail ID along with the 10-digit mobile number. An mail will be sent to the candidates for the purpose of validation and creating a unique password.
- Application Form: After successful registration and login, candidates have to proceed with NIMCET 2021 application form. They will have to fill the personal and academic details. They will also have to opt for three cities for exam centres in the order of preference.
- Uploading documents: Candidates will have to upload their photograph and scanned copy of signature in NIMCET application form. Relevant documents such as proof of identity, date of birth (SSLC/ 10th Marks Card), all other marks cards etc. and the category/ caste/ PwD certificate(s) have to be uploaded. Such documents have to be self-attested and scanned as per specifications.
- Application fees: After providing all the necessary information, candidates will have to pay the NIMCET application fee online only through net banking or credit/debit cards.
- Submission of the application: After the paying of the NIMCET 2021 application fee, candidates have to finally submit the application form. They have to download and save the soft copy of the application submitted for their reference.
NIMCET 2021 Application Correction Facility
|EWS, General, OBC||Online||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 2500|
|SC, ST||PWD||Online||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 1250|
|Concept of sets-union, intersection, cardinality, elementary counting|
|Permutations and combinations|
Probability and Statistics
|Basic concepts of probability theory, averages, dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions|
|Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear/quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices|
|Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola|
|Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima|
|Integration of functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas|
|Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics|
|Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations|
Analytical ability and logical reasoning
Logical situation and facts in the given passage
|Organization of a computer, central processing unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices|
|Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations|
|Binary arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two's complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers|
Basic English grammar
|Usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles|
Synonyms and antonyms
Meaning of words and phrases
Earlier, the authorities used to conduct the NIMCET exam offline/ pen-paper based exam. As per previous year, NIMCET 2021 shall be conducted online as a computer based test. NIMCET exam pattern 2021 aids the candidates for preparation and also equips them with a better understanding of the question paper.
NIMCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Language of Exam
Duration of Exam
Mode of Exam
4 marks for a correct answer and -1 mark for a wrong answer
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
NIMCET admit card 2021 will be released on May 15 in online mode for all the candidates who applied. NIMCET 2021 admit card is an important document to be carried to the exam hall for verification purposes.
How to download the NIMCET admit card?
- Visit the NIMCET official website at nimcet.in
- Candidates have to login using their email ID and password.
- The NIMCET 2021 admit card shall appear on the screen
- Candidates must check the details and download it.
- Candidates need to take a print out at the exam hall
Details mentioned in the admit card
Candidates will find the following information in NIMCET admit card 2021:
- Candidate's name
- NIMCET 2021 Registration Number
- Candidate's photograph
- Signature of the candidate
- Date and time of exam
- Address of test centre
- Instructions for the exam
In case of discrepancy in details, candidates must contact the authorities to get them corrected.
NIMCET 2021 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
The authorities shall release provisional NIMCET answer key 2021 a few days after the exam is conducted. It shall contain the correct answers to questions asked in NIMCET exam 2021. Candidates will be able to calculate their probable score in the exam using NIMCET answer key 2021. The authorities shall also allow candidates to raise objections against provisional answer key based on which result and final NIMCET 2021 answer key will be prepared.
NIT Surathkal shall announce NIMCET results 2021 in online mode on or before June 8. Candidates will find the qualifying status and marks obtained in NIMCET 2021 through result window. Given below are the steps to access NIMCET result 2021:
How to check NIMCET result?
- Visit the NIMCET 2021 website at nimcet.in
- Click on the link to NIMCET result
- Candidates have to login using their roll number and password.
- The result and rank card is displayed.
- Download the same and take a print.
NIMCET Qualifying Criteria
The authorities have specified the total weightage of marks for NIMCET 2021, i.e. 1000. The marks obtained in each section will be multiplied by a certain factor depending upon the weightage. The sum of the weighted NIMCET 2021 scores will be the total score obtained by the candidate. Candidates will be allotted ranks in accordance with the total weighted marks obtained by them.
Calculation of weightage for NIMCET 2021
Factor to be multiplied with
Analytical Ability and Logical reasoning
Tie-breaking rule for NIMCET 2021
When two or more candidates have obtained the same marks, the following criteria has to be followed:
- The candidates with higher marks in Mathematics will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still remains, the marks obtained in Logical Reasoning will be considered.
- In case of a further unresolved tie, candidate with higher marks in the section of Computer Awareness will be given higher rank.
- Finally, the older candidate (as per date of birth) will be awarded higher rank.
Candidates obtaining zero or negative score in the Math section or overall in all sections, will be considered disqualified.
Mode of Counselling: Online, Offline
The authorities shall conduct online counselling for NIMCET 2021 qualified candidates. Candidates will be required to fill choice of courses and colleges to be considered for allotment of seats. The NIMCET counselling will be conducted in three rounds.
NIMCET 2021 Counselling Process
- Choice Filling: Candidates have to login using email and password, fill choices of course and institute as per order of preference, lock choice of course and colleges and then submit.
- Allotment: The authorities shall allot the seats in three rounds based on rank obtained by candidatesin NIMCET 2021, choice of course and institute opted for.
- Reporting and Payment of Admission fee: Candidates allotted a seat during NIMCET counselling will have to download the allotment letter and pay partial admission fee of Rs 10,000 online. They also have to report to the nearest NIMCET 2021 reporting centre carrying the payment receipt and the documents in original for the purpose of verification. After that, candidates will have the following options:
Option-1 : They may choose to keep the seat allotted to them. In such a case all their higher preference choices will be disregarded.
Option-2 : Those who wish to be considered for all of their higher preference choices in the next round.
NIMCET 2021 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Admit card
- Date of birth proof
- Category/ caste/ PwD certificate(s), whichever is applicable
- Payment receipt of initial fee
- SSLC/ 10th marks card (original)
Questions related to NIMCET
where to prepare for NIMCET? after BCA
NIMCET is an NIT MCA Common Entrance Test is the most popular exam to get admission in MCA (Master of Computer Application) courses offered by the National Institution of Technology. The candidates qualifying for this exam can get admission in 11 NITs out of 31 NITs.
Before starting your preparation for the entrance exam, you need to
- Check the syllabus - it will give you clarity and on the basis of this you can plan your preparation process. And according to that you can buy required books and study materials
- Solve sample papers and mock tests - it is a very important step as it will give you an idea about the question patterns. The candidates need to practice as many mock tests as they can. This will make them familiar with the question pattern and with more practice, they can solve the question paper faster than usual
- Revision of the syllabus - it is also one of the crucial steps. The candidates are advised to complete the syllabus beforehand and do revision as many time as they can, this will help you in scoring a good number of marks in the entrance exam
The exam pattern of NIMCET is divided into 4 different divisions such as
- Maths - the candidate need to have the basic idea of Trigonometry, Probables, Algebra, etc. With more and more practice the students can solve this sanction’s questions
- General English - the candidates need to have basic knowledge of English grammar such as prepositions, articles, voices, and tenses. To enrich your vocabulary you can read newspapers daily. And the candidate needs to learn synonyms and antonyms of different words
- Computer Awareness - you need to have a fair knowledge of computer applications. You can start with basic details, facts, and concepts of computers then you can proceed to data representations
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning - for this section you have to practice crosswords and puzzles. This section is specially designed for analyzing the candidate's understanding of the situation and their logical solutions
It is an offline exam with 120 questions and the medium of the exam is English. The total number of marks on the entrance exam is 480 marks. And those candidates who qualify for the entrance exam can get admissions at the NITs.
Some important tips for NIMCET
- The candidates are advised to complete their revision a minimum of 2 days before the entrance exam and do not to last moment revisions
- Practice more sample papers and mock tests and practice to answer questions within a fixed time limit
- Read the newspaper and watch the news on TV to be well updated
- Properly read the questions before attending it
- Never forget to take admit card, black & blue pen, scale, pencil and eraser to the exam hall
I hope this helps you and if you have any doubts then feel free to ask in the comment section
top MCA universities/colleges in India?
Top Private MCA Colleges in India
- Amity University, Noida, Total Fees Rs -3.92 - 6.3 L
- LPU - Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar, Total Fees Rs - 2.18 - 3.7 L
- VIT University, Vellore, Total Fees Rs - 2.77 L
- Christ University, Bengaluru, Total Fees Rs - 4.4 L
- JIMS Rohini - Jagan Institute of Management Studies, Delhi, Total Fees Rs - 4.32 L
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai, Total Fees Rs - 5.1 L
- School of Management Sciences (SMS), Varanasi, Total Fees Rs - 2.7 L
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, Total Fees Rs - 7.61 L
- Hindustan College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore
- Amity University, Gwalior, Total Fees Rs - 4.74 L
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran, Total Fees Rs - Chandigarh 2.62 - 3.48 L
- Vellore Institute of Technology, VIT University, Chennai, Total Fees Rs - 1.4 L
- VIPS - Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, Delhi, Total Fees Rs - 4.32 L
- Fergusson College, Pune
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, Total Fees Rs - 3.06 - 3.5 L
Top Public/ Government MCA Colleges in India
- Delhi University (DU), Delhi
- Madras Christian College (MCC), Chennai, Total Fees Rs - 77.2 K
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Var
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee
- College of Engineering Guindy (CEG), Anna University, Chennai, Total Fees Rs - 1.23 L
- NIT Calicut - National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- Anna University, Chennai
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- UoH - University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Total Fees Rs - 13.11 K
Hope this helps you
Feel free to ask any questions
All the best for your future
I am doing my 3rd year of bsc . and i have a back paper of 2 nd year..can i fill the application form of NIMCET ? because nimcet is asking for 2nd year marksheet but i have marsheet in which i have a back !
It is not clear if a candidate with backlogs can apply for NIMCET 2021 or not. But candidates who are in final year of the qualifying examination are eligible to appear for NIMCET 2021 but their eligibility to get admission is subjected to the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria, Such candidates need to obtain their qualifying examination results and certificate on or before September 15, 2021. For now you can upload all the marksheet of all semesters that you have. Make sure that you clear the backlog and obtain the result before the given cut off date. You also need to score minimum 60% aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale if you belong to general category and SC/ ST/PwD candidates must score minimum 55% aggregate marks or 5.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale.
sir, in nimcet 2021 I have uploaded semester grade reports instead of CONSOLIDATED GRADE RECORD. is there any issue with that?
You need to upload the marksheet or grade cards of all semester while filling the NIMCET 2021 application. You can merge marksheets of all semesters in a single file and upload or upload Consolidated marksheet it in the PDF format and the file size should be maximum 1MB. So if you have uploaded marksheet of all semesters, there won't be any problem because your consolidated marksheet also has the same grades and marks scored but only in a single page while marksheet of all semesters will be given separately that's the only difference. You need to upload the scanned PDF documents of the marksheet of all semesters.
should we upload orginal marksheet for nimcet? if yes, i have not received it what can i do?
NIMCET 2021 application form has been released on March 11. As per the official brochure, the conducting body of
NIMCET 2021 , i.e., NIT Raipur has listed the documents that you would have yo upload while filling the form.
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- UG Mark Sheet/ Certificate
- Valid ID Proof such as Aadhaar Card/ PAN Card/ Voter ID/ Driving License
- Category/ Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Image passport size
- Signature in jpeg format.
All these documents should be in scanned format with the specification that are specifically asked for.
You must note that the passport size photograph which has to be scanned and uploaded has to be recent and clear.
On the other hand, the signature has to be in blue/ black ink.
And if you are still studying you can choose the option Results awaited.
But in the counselling process you have to show your marksheets.
Hope this helps!!!!