NIMCET Exam Pattern 2021 (Released) - Marking Scheme, Exam Mode
NIMCET Exam Pattern 2021- National Institute of Technology, Raipur has released the NIMCET 2021 exam pattern at nimcet.in along with the official brochure. NIMCET exam pattern 2021 contains the details about the mode of exam, type of questions, number of sections, marking scheme, etc. NIMCET 2021 will be conducted on May 23 in online mode. Knowledge of the NIMCET 2021 exam pattern will help the candidates to prepare well for the exam. Candidates can also check the syllabus of NIMCET 2021 from this page. Read the full article to know more about NIMCET exam pattern 2021.
Latest Updates for NIMCET
- 11 Mar 2021:
NIMCET 2021 registration started on March 11.
NIMCET Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates are advised to check the exam pattern of NIMCET 2021 beforehand to have an overview of the exam. The following table can be referred to check detailed NIMCET exam pattern 2021.
NIMCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Mode of Exam
Medium of Exam
2 hours (10 AM-12 Noon)
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions
Number of Sections
NIMCET 2021 will have four sections-
Total Number of Questions
NIMCET Exam Pattern 2021- Subject-wise distribution of Marks
Number of Questions
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
NIMCET Syllabus 2021
Similar to the NIMCET exam pattern, candidates must understand the syllabus of NIMCET 2021 beforehand to prepare a proper study plan for the exam. NIMCET 2021 syllabus will include the details of all the topics that have to be covered for the exam. The following table can be referred to check the syllabus of NIMCET 2021.
NIMCET 2021 Syllabus
List of Topics
Meaning of words and phrases
Basic English Grammar
Synonyms and Antonyms
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
This section will cover logical situations and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
Probability and Statistics
NIMCET Exam Pattern 2021: Points to Remember
Candidates were required to carry royal blue/ black ballpoint pens to the NIMCET exam centres 2021 for answering the questions in the OMR sheet.
Each question asked in NIMCET 2021 will have four options. Any rough work, if needed, had to be done in the test booklet itself. Any stray marks on the OMR sheet is strictly prohibited.
Candidates were advised to not attempt the questions if they were doubtful about their answers. No response will draw 0 marks whereas an incorrect one will deduct 1 mark.
NIMCET 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates can refer to the following preparation tips to prepare a proper study plan for NIMCET 2021-
Know the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Candidates must understand the exam pattern of NIMCET 2021 along with the syllabus to have an overview of the exam and to study the right topics for the exam. Knowledge of NIMCET 2021 syllabus will ensure that the candidates do not waste their time on topics that will not be tested in the exam.
Make a Time-table: Next, the candidates should devise a time-table for NIMCET 2021 so as to complete the entire syllabus before time. Candidates must ensure that they furnish a practical time-table which they can execute. It is needless to say that candidates must follow the time-table diligently if they want to accomplish their goals.
Read, Repeat, Remember: Revision is the key to retaining all that one has learnt. After learning different concepts, candidates must ensure that they have some time left for revision. This practice will keep all that they have learnt fresh in their memory.
Practice for Perfection: Since mathematics holds the maximum weightage in NIMCET 2021 with 50 questions, candidates must brush up their knowledge of the same. The best way to ace in mathematics is by practice. Hence, candidates must make it a point that they practice math questions on an everyday basis.
Sample Papers and Mock tests: Candidates should attempt NIMCET sample papers and mock tests to analyse their preparation. These mock tests and sample papers are based on the actual pattern of the exam, thus it will give a real feel of the examination to the candidates.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - NIMCET Exam Pattern 2021 (Released) - Marking Scheme, Exam Mode
Question: When will the NIMCET exam pattern 2021 be released?
The authorities will release the NIMCET 2021 exam pattern at nimcet.in along with the official brochure.
Question: What is the exam pattern of NIMCET 2021?
NIMCET 2021 will be conducted as an offline exam. The exam will be of 2 hours and will have four sections- Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, General English and Computer Awareness. There will be a total 120 questions in the exam.
Question: What is the marking scheme of NIMCET 2021?
Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer and there will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect answer.
NIMCET Counselling 2021 - NIT Raipur will commence the NIMCET ...
NIMCET Result 2021 - The result of NIMCET 2021 will be publish...
NIMCET Participating Institutes 2021 - There are totally 10 pa...
NIMCET Admit Card 2021- NIT Raipur will release the NIMCET 202...
Questions related to NIMCET
where to prepare for NIMCET? after BCA
NIMCET is an NIT MCA Common Entrance Test is the most popular exam to get admission in MCA (Master of Computer Application) courses offered by the National Institution of Technology. The candidates qualifying for this exam can get admission in 11 NITs out of 31 NITs.
Before starting your preparation for the entrance exam, you need to
- Check the syllabus - it will give you clarity and on the basis of this you can plan your preparation process. And according to that you can buy required books and study materials
- Solve sample papers and mock tests - it is a very important step as it will give you an idea about the question patterns. The candidates need to practice as many mock tests as they can. This will make them familiar with the question pattern and with more practice, they can solve the question paper faster than usual
- Revision of the syllabus - it is also one of the crucial steps. The candidates are advised to complete the syllabus beforehand and do revision as many time as they can, this will help you in scoring a good number of marks in the entrance exam
The exam pattern of NIMCET is divided into 4 different divisions such as
- Maths - the candidate need to have the basic idea of Trigonometry, Probables, Algebra, etc. With more and more practice the students can solve this sanction’s questions
- General English - the candidates need to have basic knowledge of English grammar such as prepositions, articles, voices, and tenses. To enrich your vocabulary you can read newspapers daily. And the candidate needs to learn synonyms and antonyms of different words
- Computer Awareness - you need to have a fair knowledge of computer applications. You can start with basic details, facts, and concepts of computers then you can proceed to data representations
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning - for this section you have to practice crosswords and puzzles. This section is specially designed for analyzing the candidate's understanding of the situation and their logical solutions
It is an offline exam with 120 questions and the medium of the exam is English. The total number of marks on the entrance exam is 480 marks. And those candidates who qualify for the entrance exam can get admissions at the NITs.
Some important tips for NIMCET
- The candidates are advised to complete their revision a minimum of 2 days before the entrance exam and do not to last moment revisions
- Practice more sample papers and mock tests and practice to answer questions within a fixed time limit
- Read the newspaper and watch the news on TV to be well updated
- Properly read the questions before attending it
- Never forget to take admit card, black & blue pen, scale, pencil and eraser to the exam hall
I hope this helps you and if you have any doubts then feel free to ask in the comment section
top MCA universities/colleges in India?
Top Private MCA Colleges in India
- Amity University, Noida, Total Fees Rs -3.92 - 6.3 L
- LPU - Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar, Total Fees Rs - 2.18 - 3.7 L
- VIT University, Vellore, Total Fees Rs - 2.77 L
- Christ University, Bengaluru, Total Fees Rs - 4.4 L
- JIMS Rohini - Jagan Institute of Management Studies, Delhi, Total Fees Rs - 4.32 L
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai, Total Fees Rs - 5.1 L
- School of Management Sciences (SMS), Varanasi, Total Fees Rs - 2.7 L
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, Total Fees Rs - 7.61 L
- Hindustan College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore
- Amity University, Gwalior, Total Fees Rs - 4.74 L
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran, Total Fees Rs - Chandigarh 2.62 - 3.48 L
- Vellore Institute of Technology, VIT University, Chennai, Total Fees Rs - 1.4 L
- VIPS - Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, Delhi, Total Fees Rs - 4.32 L
- Fergusson College, Pune
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, Total Fees Rs - 3.06 - 3.5 L
Top Public/ Government MCA Colleges in India
- Delhi University (DU), Delhi
- Madras Christian College (MCC), Chennai, Total Fees Rs - 77.2 K
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Var
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee
- College of Engineering Guindy (CEG), Anna University, Chennai, Total Fees Rs - 1.23 L
- NIT Calicut - National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- Anna University, Chennai
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- UoH - University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Total Fees Rs - 13.11 K
Hope this helps you
Feel free to ask any questions
All the best for your future
I am doing my 3rd year of bsc . and i have a back paper of 2 nd year..can i fill the application form of NIMCET ? because nimcet is asking for 2nd year marksheet but i have marsheet in which i have a back !
It is not clear if a candidate with backlogs can apply for NIMCET 2021 or not. But candidates who are in final year of the qualifying examination are eligible to appear for NIMCET 2021 but their eligibility to get admission is subjected to the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria, Such candidates need to obtain their qualifying examination results and certificate on or before September 15, 2021. For now you can upload all the marksheet of all semesters that you have. Make sure that you clear the backlog and obtain the result before the given cut off date. You also need to score minimum 60% aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale if you belong to general category and SC/ ST/PwD candidates must score minimum 55% aggregate marks or 5.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale.
sir, in nimcet 2021 I have uploaded semester grade reports instead of CONSOLIDATED GRADE RECORD. is there any issue with that?
You need to upload the marksheet or grade cards of all semester while filling the NIMCET 2021 application. You can merge marksheets of all semesters in a single file and upload or upload Consolidated marksheet it in the PDF format and the file size should be maximum 1MB. So if you have uploaded marksheet of all semesters, there won't be any problem because your consolidated marksheet also has the same grades and marks scored but only in a single page while marksheet of all semesters will be given separately that's the only difference. You need to upload the scanned PDF documents of the marksheet of all semesters.
should we upload orginal marksheet for nimcet? if yes, i have not received it what can i do?
NIMCET 2021 application form has been released on March 11. As per the official brochure, the conducting body of
NIMCET 2021 , i.e., NIT Raipur has listed the documents that you would have yo upload while filling the form.
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- UG Mark Sheet/ Certificate
- Valid ID Proof such as Aadhaar Card/ PAN Card/ Voter ID/ Driving License
- Category/ Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Image passport size
- Signature in jpeg format.
All these documents should be in scanned format with the specification that are specifically asked for.
You must note that the passport size photograph which has to be scanned and uploaded has to be recent and clear.
On the other hand, the signature has to be in blue/ black ink.
And if you are still studying you can choose the option Results awaited.
But in the counselling process you have to show your marksheets.
Hope this helps!!!!