NIMCET 2014 Cutoff: The cutoff for the national level NIMCET 2014 exam will be declared after the exam is over on May 25, 2014. Prof. Harerdra Bikrol HOD of MCA Department National Institute of Technology Raipur told careers360 that a common NIMCET 2014 cutoff list will be prepared by the exam conducting authority NIT Agartala. He further said that no separate cutoff list for each participating NIMCET colleges will be prepared.
LATEST - After the exam, candidates can check NIMCET Answer key and NIMCET result here.
- Identify and improve on your weak areas
- Get a personalized improvement plan & track your progress
- Get a list of probable colleges based on current preparation level
For queries and doubts, call NIMCET 2014 Exam Helpline at 011-40360360
Candidates will be able to download the NIMCET 2014 Cutoff list on the same page once it is released by NIT Agartala (link will be updated later).
Admission to qualifying candidates will be offered in accordance with the NIMCET 2014 merit list, which is devised on the basis of the marks obtained by candidates in the written exam. Besides, the Cutoff varies on various factors like number of seats, number of participating institutes, number of test takers, difficulty level of the exam, etc.
After NIMCET 2014 result declaration, the seat allotment process will be done through NIMCET 2014 counselling. Candidates assigned a NIMCET rank are required to provide their choices of participating institutes in their order of preference between June 16, 2014 and June 23, 2014 before 5:00 pm through NIMCET 2014 online counseling process. Choices regarding preferred NIT filled by candidates will be locked by 5 pm on June 23, 2014.
Candidates securing zero or negative marks either in Mathematics or Total Marks will be disqualified. Based on the marks obtained by a qualified candidate in NIMCET 2014 exam, a rank will be allotted by adopting the following criteria.
- The marks obtained in Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, English, will be multiplied by a factor of 3, 1, 2 and 1 respectively. Thus maximum weighted marks will be 1000.
- Ranking will be based on total weighted marks obtained by acandidate.In case of a tie, it will be resolved based on weighted marks in Mathematics, then on weighted marks in Logical reasoning and then on weighted marks in Computer Awareness.
- In case the tie is not resolved by the above criteria stated in the above paragraph, then it will be resolved by age i.e., in favour of elder candidate.
NIMCET 2014 was conducted on May 25, 2014 for admission to MCA course for as many as 867 seats across all 11 participating NITs. Total time duration of the test is 2 hours. Paper pattern will contain containing 120 multiple choice questions. Each question carries 4 mark and 1 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Stay tuned to it.careers360.com for more news and feature articles on NIMCET 2014 Cutoff