NIMCET 2014 Counselling
NIMCET 2014 Counselling process began on June 16, 2014 with the online registration and chioce filling event.Total three counselling rounds for seat allotment to qualifying candidates will be conducted by the exam conducting authority National Institute of Technology (NIT), Agartala. Fourth round of counselling might be conducted depending on number of seats remaining vacant.
For queries and doubts, call NIMCET 2014 Exam Helpline at 011-40360360
Admission to MCA course across all the 11 participating NITs will be based on NIMCET 2014 rank and the choice of institute filled by the candidates. Candidates declared qualified in NIMCET 2014 entrance examination will be allowed to fill the choices of Institutes in which they wish to take admission to pursue MCA course.
Events of NIMCET 2014 Counselling and its highlights
- Choice filling was exercised by candidates in online mode from June 16 to June 23, 2014. Candidates are required to use their login and password to provide names of their preferred NITs. Deadline for choice locking was June 23, 2014 by 5:00 pm.
- Fee payment for Rs 10,000/- should be made State Bank Collect and produce the e-receipt at the time of remote reporting.
- To participate in the first round of counseling, candidates have to reporting at any of the respective reporting center along with print out of their seat allotment letter and all the required documents. Candidates submit e-receipt for initial fee of Rs 10,000/- and exercise option 1 or 2 and obtain provisional admission letter from reporting center.
- First round of counselling will start on June 26, 2014.
Option-1: Candidates allotted with seat and prefers join the allotted NIT to them. In such case, their other NIT preference will be ignored.
Option-2: Candidates who wish to be considered in the next round for all of their higher preference choices.
Note: Candidates allotted with seat have to reporting at their assigned reporting center. Not abiding the same will lead to cancellation of allotted seat. Such candidates will not be considered for subsequent rounds of seat allotment.
- Second round of NIMCET 2014 Counselling will start on July 4, 2014. Fresh allottees as well as candidates who got seat allotted in earlier round and opted the “Option-2” participate in the round. Fresh allottees have to report their respective reporting center to obtain provisional admission letter from reporting center along with above mentioned documents.
- Fresh allottees have to exercise option 1 or 2 during NIMCET 2014 second round of counseling. However, non fresh allottees, if they do not wish to change their earlier option then they need not report atreporting center.
- It has to be noted that fresh allottees not reporting at reporting center will lose their seat allotment automatically and will not be considered for subsequent rounds of seat allotment.
- Third round of NIMCET 2014 Counselling will start on July 10, 2014. Fresh allottees in third round must report in person at their respective and get documents verified, pay fee and attend classes.
Note: Transfer from one NIT to another NIT is not permitted under any circumstances once the candidate has taken admission in any of the participating NIT.
- Surrendering the allotted seats by candidates who do not wish to join the allotted institute, but wish to participate in final round of allotment must report in person atreporting center on July 21-22, 2014 and get the all the mentioned documents verified. Candidates have to surrenderthe allotted seat and obtain letter.
- Candidates who got seat allotted in earlier rounds and ticked the “Option-2” but do not prefer to join the allotted NIT, such candidates have to necessarilyreach reporting center. They have to surrender the seat by filling a prescribed application and get the letter of reporting.
- Announcement of vacant seats will be done on July 25, 2014. Candidates who have not got seat in any round of allotment are eligible for final allotment round.
- Candidates who got seat in some round but not reported at reporting center or reported but later cancelled their seat are not eligible to participate for final round of allotment.
- Fresh Choice filling round will start on July 26, 2014. Final round of allotment depending on fresh choice filling will be conducted on July 28, 2014. Candidates have to report in person at the allotted institute with their seat allotment letter.
- Announcement of spot round of admission by the respective NITs for any vacant seats, if any, will be tentatively declared on or after August 7, 2014. The announcement will be done in online mode. Candidates are advised to visit official websites of NITs.
Important Date of NIMCET 2014 Counselling
June 16-23, 2014
Last date for Choice Locking
June 23, 2014 by 5:00 pm
First Round of Counselling
June 26, 2014
First round of Remote reporting in person
June 30-july 1, 2014
Second round of Counselling
July 4, 2014
Second round of Remote reporting in person
July 7-8, 2014
Third round of Counselling
July 10, 2014
Third round of reporting in person at the allotted institute
July 17-18, 2014
Surrendering the allotted seats
July 21-22, 2014
Announcement of vacant seats
July 25, 2014
Fresh Choice Filling
July 26, 2014
Final round of allotment
July 28, 2014
Final round of reporting at allotted institute
August 4-5, 2014
(Optional) Announcement of Spot round
August 7, 2014 onwards
Stay tuned to visiting it.careers360.com for more news and feature articles on NIMCET 2014 Counselling
Questions related to NIMCET
HOW TO PREPARE ONLINE FOR NIMCET EXAM?
Firstly, preparation of NIMCET is to get familiar with the exam pattern. Then get the required books. Start with learning the basic concepts of each subject asked in the exam. NIMCET syllabus includes up to Class XII level Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, Computer, and English.Practice while checking the time and this will help in managing the time while exam. Also, practice not to use a calculator while doing Mathematics and calculation-based questions.Read and revise each topic properly and this will help in assessing strong and weak areas. Once you know about your strong and weak areas, start strengthening your weak areas first.Start taking mocks tests as soon you complete your syllabus. Mock tests and previous years’ questions papers are very important to make you familiar with exam pattern.
Hope this helps!
WHICH IS THE BEST YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR NEMCET PREPRATION?
Hello student we're not allowed to promote third party portals, you can find the best YouTube channel on the basis of topic covered number of likes, dislike comment. If you're trying to study with the help of YouTube videos you need to be more focused because after every few minutes you'll get distracted by lot of Pop ups and Ads.
Feel free to comment if you have any doubt
The Eligibility Criteria Given for NIMCET Exam, is that percentage required ( min 60 %) for Bachelor Course or for 12th result?
The eligibility criteria is to have a minimum of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in graduation.Candidates in the last year of their Bachelor program can also apply.You can visit the link below for more details :
agr koi institute kise ugc recognized University se affiliated h pr aicte approved nhi h to kya nimcet exam diya ja skta h or deegree govt jobs k liye valid hogi?
see not all colleges have aicte approval , so it depends on the organization and their required qualifications for any particular post. for nimcet exam eligibility criteria is Students must have completed/ are completing B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons)/BCA/ BIT of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply , the qualification course program must approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India. so if the college is approved by ugc then you are also eligible to apply for nimcet.
Here, Exam date of NIMCET 2020 is not extended but now the college exam date is extended. And that will crash the date of NIMCET exam - 31st May... How do we even suppose to take the exam?
Chandani, at this point in time all these schedules are possible dates given the fact that lockdown has been extended until May 3rd. Now based on the Country's control of the pandemic the exams will be most probably rescheduled. NIMCET was scheduled for May 31st but again all dates are subjective to change based on the prognosis and control of the current situation. So do not worry about that.