About NIMCET 2014: The NIMCET is NIT MCA Common Entrance Test, a National Level Test conducted by NITs for admission in to their MCA programme. The admission to the MCA programme in to NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal for the year 2014-15 is based on the Rank obtained in NIMCET 2014 ONLY
For queries and doubts, call NIMCET 2014 Exam Helpline at 011-40360360
Exam Name: NIT MCA Common Entrance Test
Exam category: National
Exam type: PG
Participating Institutions in NIMCET 2014:
- NIT Agartala
- NIT Allahabad
- NIT Bhopal
- NIT Calicut
- NIT Durgapur
- NIT Jamshedpur
- NIT Kurukshetra
- NIT Raipur
- NIT Surathkal
- NIT Tiruchirappalli
- NIT Warangal
- Indian Nationals securing@ at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale in case of SC, ST) in
- BSc / BSc (Hons) / BCA / BIT of minimum three years full-time
- B E / B Tech or equivalent from a recognized University is eligible to appear for NIMCET 2014.
- Candidates who are appearing for final year/semester of B.Sc / B.Sc(Hons) / BCA / BIT of minimum 3 years or BE/BTech in the academic year 2013-14 are also eligible to apply for NIMCET 2014. Such candidates shall have to furnish the proof (in the form of a certificate issued by the head of institution where the candidate has studied) that he/she is appearing for the examinations during the academic year 2013-14 and can submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET 2014 preferably at the time of Counseling/Admission but not later than 2nd week of September, 2014, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs. NIMCET 2014 will not reserve a seat to a candidate due to any reason claimed for not fulfilling the eligibility criteria including the delay in publishing the results by the concerned University/institute.
- Students who have completed/completing degree BSc / BSc(Hons)/BCA/ BIT of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided their programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.\
- The percentages of marks in qualifying degree are to be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in all the subjects studied in all the years including languages, optional and additional subjects studied, if any. The aggregate of all the subjects in all the years computed using this method of calculation alone be considered by NIMCET 2014 for deciding eligibility.
- Candidates should apply for NIMCET 2014 through ‘online’ only.
- Candidates must follow instructions strictly as given in the website.
- Applications not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates should pay the processing fee in the form of demand draft drawn in favor of “NIMCET 2014” payable at any bank listed.
- The candidates are advised to write their name, address, unique application number generated and printed on hard-copy of the application form on reverse side of the demand draft.
- The generated application form along with all relevant documents and DD should reach - “The Secretary, NIMCET 2014, National Institute of Technology, Warangal - 506004, Andhra Pradesh” by speed post/registered post on or before on or before April 17, 2014 by 5:00 pm..
- The application forms received after the last date (even though the application is successfully uploaded), and the applications without supporting documents or demand draft will be summarily rejected.
NIMCET 2014 Important Dates and Guidelines:
- Availability of online application forms– February 17, 2014 from 10:00 am
- Last date of submitting online application forms – April 3, 2014.
- Last date for receipt of printout of electronically filled application form along with Demand Draft– April 17, 2014 by 5:00 pm.
- Date of entrance exam – May 25, 2014.
- Time of entrance exam – From 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Availability of Online Admit Card – From May 09, 2014 to May 25, 2014
- Result Declaration (Tentative) – June 11, 2014
- Couselling sessions (Tentative)– From June 16, 2014
For any further information on NIMCET 2014, refer to the official document here.
Questions related to NIMCET
im doing BSC IT and math was only in my 1st year so am i elligible for NIMCET exam?
yes man you are eligible form NIMCET exam as the minimum educational qualification criteria says, BS.c/B.S.c (hons)/BCA/BIT of minimum three years full time from a recognised university with mathematics /statistics as one of the subjects are eligible , btech and B.E students are also eligible if done from the recognised university.
i hope you got your answer !
NIMCET coaching centers in Hyderabad
There are a few coaching centers in Hyderabad providing the coaching for NIMCET. Some of them are-
* Spark academy, narayanguda, Hyderabad
* Colors academy, Banjara hills, Hyderabad
* NATA, Begumpet, Hyderabad
* TIME, Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
* Gets academy, Hyderabad
* Career launcher, Hyderabad
Hope this helps.
HOW TO PREPARE ONLINE FOR NIMCET EXAM?
Firstly, preparation of NIMCET is to get familiar with the exam pattern. Then get the required books. Start with learning the basic concepts of each subject asked in the exam. NIMCET syllabus includes up to Class XII level Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, Computer, and English.Practice while checking the time and this will help in managing the time while exam. Also, practice not to use a calculator while doing Mathematics and calculation-based questions.Read and revise each topic properly and this will help in assessing strong and weak areas. Once you know about your strong and weak areas, start strengthening your weak areas first.Start taking mocks tests as soon you complete your syllabus. Mock tests and previous years’ questions papers are very important to make you familiar with exam pattern.
Hope this helps!
WHICH IS THE BEST YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR NEMCET PREPRATION?
Hello student we're not allowed to promote third party portals, you can find the best YouTube channel on the basis of topic covered number of likes, dislike comment. If you're trying to study with the help of YouTube videos you need to be more focused because after every few minutes you'll get distracted by lot of Pop ups and Ads.
Feel free to comment if you have any doubt
The Eligibility Criteria Given for NIMCET Exam, is that percentage required ( min 60 %) for Bachelor Course or for 12th result?
The eligibility criteria is to have a minimum of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in graduation.Candidates in the last year of their Bachelor program can also apply.You can visit the link below for more details :